Gallery Erato: a place for community and connection.
One of our goals of opening Gallery Erato was to create a place for all in the sex positive community to gather and connect. We are proud that groups such as the CSPC, Quink Social Club, Rain City Jacks, Visible Restraint, SEA-PAH, and Rain City TNG are using the Gallery for events to support their communities. We are working with other groups as well to figure out ways the Gallery can support more events to create more connections between people who want the world to be more accepting and generous around matters of sexuality.
We would like to invite you to join us in building community. You can do this in a variety of ways:
- Make a monetary donation to the Pan Eros Foundation to support the Gallery
- Join our MeetUp Group, Pan Eros Art and Education Group, and come to events
- Contact us about starting a discussion group
- Rent Gallery Erato for a party or event
- Visit the Gallery during open hours every Thursday noon-6pm, with extended hours until 9pm on First Thursdays in honor of the monthly Pioneer Square Art Walk
Here is just one example of what is possible: tonight is the first Sex Positive Game Night. One of our dedicated SEAF fans, Isley, will be hosting this monthly social event as a way for like-minded folks to meet in a relaxed and accepting atmosphere. While there may be saucier games such as strip poker on occasion, this is not a play or sex party. We are very excited to see what community develops around this event.
Get involved and be a part of the larger Seattle area sex positive community, or create a smaller, more intimate community. I look forward to helping you use Gallery Erato to forge meaningful connections.
Wishing you a safe and connected holiday season!
Yours in art and shenanigans,
Photos by Ricky Osborne and James McDaniel.