Want to run a film contest and screening about consent?
The Consent Academy is sponsoring a short film contest during the fall of 2019. This contest is to solicit films that highlight consensual interaction and promote consent education. The target open date for film submissions is 9/16 and the conclusion of the contest is 11/1. The selection announcement will be paired with a screening scheduled November 10th. We are looking for someone to manage the marketing and logistics associated with such a contest. Guidance is available during the planning stages. This is an internship position with a monthly stipend, paid July through November.
Skills and Duties of Job:
- Project Management of the contest, marketing, and screening
- Financial tracking of expenditures and income
- Handling communications with contestants and volunteers via email and phone
- Outreach to Film School, YouTube creators, and other film organizations to solicit submissions
- Writing and Posting Contest Website Updates
- Video review (for content and adherence to contest rules)
Candidates should have a strong commitment to consent, be organized, and able to work independently.
Preference will be given to candidates who have film festival experience.
How to Apply:
Email [email protected]ail.com to submit your cover letter and resume to request an interview.
Submission Deadline: Sat 6/22/19
Interviews will take place: Mon 6/24 – Sun 6/30
Decision will be made: 7/1/19
More contest details can be found at: http://www.consent.academy/consent-film-contest.html
More Consent Academy details can be found at: www.consent.academy